Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Sermon Application

The following are some links, as follow up, to Sunday's message:

Cat & Dog Theology--This is the book I referenced that can help you reevaluate how you approach God and His Word. The authors use a playful approach to make you think about some rather deep truths. Their title comes from the joke they share, "A dog says, 'You pet me, you feed me, you shelter me, you love me, you must be God.' A cat says, 'You pet me, you feed me, you shelter me, you love me, I must be God.'"





The Jesus Storybook Bible--a wonderful children's resource. If you want to ignite a passion in your children to look for Jesus every time they open their Bible, this book helps begin the process. The subtitle, "Every Story Whispers His Name." Like "Cat & Dog," Sally Lloyd-Jones has a fun, clever writing style writing style, and she purposefully builds anticipation toward Christ. (In our home, we have just worked up to the New Testament and the kids are loving it!) Highly recommended for every family. (Mom and Dad, you'll find yourself worshipping as you read too!)

By the way, if you are interested, you can go to Sally Lloyd-Jones' website and can even check out her blog.

Coincidentally (actually, if you believe in coincidence, repent...then repeat after me, "Providentially") Sally Lloyd-Jones attends Tim Keller's church, the pastor I quoted during my sermon. His list on "Jesus is the true and perfect..." can be found here and the audio of his message can be found here.

And lastly, if you are interested in the references I quoted from Deuteronomy, the easiest way is to click this link and look at all the passages that speak of our love toward God.

And if you are looking for the audio (and if you attended "first service," I have to admit, I think it went much better in second service (which was recorded), it probably won't be on the website (grace:resources) until early July (due to webman being out of town and everyone else being completely clueless!).

No comments: