Monday, July 21, 2008

Filbrun's Testimonies

We had a great time at the baptism yesterday. The following is what Rob and Alicia shared:





From Rob:
In you, O Lord, I have taken refuge; Let me never be ashamed; In Your righteousness deliver me. Incline Your ear to me, rescue me quickly; Be to me a rock of strength, a stronghold to save me. For You are my rock and my fortress; For You are my strength. Into Your hand I commit my spirit; You have ransomed me, O Lord, God of Truth. Psalm 31

I come from a very loving home where we were always taught God's word. I have been very blessed to have a loving family that have been praying for me to take this very step for so many years. All that support and love paved the road to this day. The day that I make my public confession of faith. My choice to follow the Lord, to be with him, and to let his light shine bright in my life. I know that I have made many mistakes in my lifetime and I acknowledge my sins and ask that they may all be thrown in to the sea of forgetfulness.

If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess or sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.--1 John 1:8-1 0

I come before you today to not only get baptized, but to shout to the Lord and everyone who can hear me, Here I am Lord, use me to glorify you.

From Alicia

I was baptized when I was 14 into the Old German Baptist Church. I knew that Christ was crucified for our sins and that we are to have faith in Him. But I didn't know him as my savior. As I went through my last teenage years I went through some major trials and hard times. I was to the point where I didn't know where to turn, that was when I heard God's calling. I turned to God to carry me through. I put my faith and trust in him, and learned to know him as my savior. I want to get baptized again to make an outward confession of my growth in the Lord.

The Law came in so that the transgression would increase; but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more, so that, as sin reigned in death, even so grace would reign through righteousness to eternal live through Jesus Christ our Lord. What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin so that grace may increase? May it never be! How shall we who died to sin still live in it? Or do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death? Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death so that as Christ is was raised from the death through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of live. For if we have become united with Him in the likeness of his death, certainly we shall also be in the likeness of His resurrection. Knowing this, that or old self was crucified with Him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin for he who died is freed from sin. Now it we have died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him, knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, is never to die again; death no longer is master over Him. For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God.--Romans 5:20-6:10.

1 comment:

Jessi said...

Thank you Rob and Alicia for letting us be apart of your beautiful proclamation.