Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Dominican Update: Next 1.5 Days

Internet is very difficult to come by, so there may not be another update on the blog, or it may not come until Friday afternoon.

TUESDAY--Bob, Mike & Aaron Fourman and I traveled around to a number of villages. We visited with pastors and with people who were there in the villages. It was a wonderful time and was certainly humbling to see these faithful men and the challenging circumstances they live in.

As we traveled all day, I realized the Nilsens and Wolfes are not exaggerating when they describe traffic here. Basically, there are no traffic laws (at least not enforced). There aren't even traffic guidelines (since you don't know what you'll see). You could possibly call them "traffic concepts," but that may be to generous as well.

The evening marked the kick off to the baseball clinic. There are nearly 260 men here specifically to serve in the baseball clinic this week. There is a morning session for us men, then the clinics, then an evening session as well.

WEDNESDAY--I'm writing this at 1:30pm Ohio time, so much of the day has not happened yet. However, this morning I had the opportunity to teach pastors and ministry leaders. We started at 9:00am and wrapped up at 1:00pm. It was such a blessing!!! These brothers and sisters are hungry for the Word and are asking some very good questions. Bob was my translator today and he did an excellent job. Once again, I was humbled that I don't really know english well, making Bob's job all the more difficult.

Tomorrow I will preach in a church and Friday I will preach in a brand new church plant.

It was such a joy today to see much of what we talked about from 2 & 3 John living out before me in these brothers and sisters. We have Dominican brothers who are faithfully doing the work of ministry whom you've never met, yet they are helping us fulfill the great commission as well.

Keep praying! God is doing wonderful things.

I'm praying for you as well, as you Greenville, Darke county and beyond for Christ in ways our brothers and sisters here can't!

No comments: