Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Baptisms!

Below are the following testimonies given during our baptisms this past Sunday:

Jennifer Sachs
I was privileged enough to grow up in a Christian home. I learned much about Jesus through a children’s bible program that my mother taught at our church on Wednesday evening. It was during 6th grade church camp that I accepted Christ. However, it was not until college that I really got a firm grasp on what believing in Jesus really meant. It was during this time that I discovered Jesus was more than a man without sin, he was the ultimate sacrifice for my own sins and that he bore the penalty of the cross for those sins. Throughout the last several years, my faith has grown immensely as I have learned to let go of my worries and let his plan for my life be fulfilled in his time. I have especially learned to trust him more in the last year and a half since our move to Ohio and starting a new job, beginning a new chapter in my married life, and fixing up a new home. I thank Jesus daily for his provision and for the grace he lovingly gives to me despite my errors. I am being baptized this morning to fulfill Jesus command in the Great Commision. I stand here this morning as a sinner saved by grace because Christ Jesus took upon himself my sins, died and rose again so that I can enjoy eternity with himself and God, the father.


Shawn Sachs
I grew up in a church going home, sang in a college church choir, and called myself a Christian. Not until God pulled me out of my comfort zone and moved me to rural Illinois after college, knowing no-one, did I recognize my emptiness was separation from God. I saw God as a judge and did not realize my relationship could be any different. Christian radio programs helped me recognize my sin separated me from God. The only way to have that relationship is to accept Christ in to my heart by faith and accept the gift of the cross. My only sister, ahead of me in my decision making for the Lord, eagerly prayed for me and answered questions as I worked through my thoughts. A brother named Sergeant witnessed to me through his humble servant heart. His testimony showed me my sin and how forgiving our God is. He also demonstrated how diligent dedication to reading God's word, builds faith and wisdom. Since choosing Christ, I experienced a tremendous mountain top experience and God walked with me through some valleys. God is faithful - always. My parents baptized me as a child dedicating my life and their parenthood to raising a boy into a Christian man. The Great Commission, Mark 16:16 says Believe and be baptized. I thank God for this blessing today. Amen.


Chris Denlinger
Having been raised in a Christian home, I have always known that I was born into sin that I am a sinner, therefore in need of salvation and years ago asked Christ into my heart, but never really lived for him. Living for Christ requires change, and change is rarely an easy task. It requires stepping out of my comfort zone.
This past year I was convicted that if God could send his one and only son to this earth in human form to live a perfect life as an example for me, be falsely accused, ridiculed, beaten, hung on a cross between heaven and earth, dying as payment for my sins, surly I could change and live a life devoted to him and his church.
I came before God, confessing and repenting of my sins. My desire to serve God in obedience to him is greater now than at any time in my past, and it was placed on my heart that baptism was required in my obedience to Him.
I believe that my salvation comes through faith in Christ Jesus by grace. That there is absolutely nothing I can do of myself that makes me right and pure before God. It is my desire to serve Christ now through all eternity. To God be all praise and glory forever!


To the praise of the glory of His grace!

1 comment:

Kati said...

PRAISE GOD for these testimonies!!

I was so sad to miss church Sunday and am thankful you've posted these here!