Thursday, September 10, 2009

Jordan Baker Testimony

The following was Jordan Baker's testimony he gave before his baptism:
I thank God every day for what he has done for us. As it says in John 3:16 “for God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.” I have realized that I have sinned and fallen short of God’s will. So I have turned my life over to Jesus that he can change me into someone that would please the Father, but this is only possible because Jesus died for me and took the punishment for my sins. By this I can have the hope of eternal life.
I accepted the lord into my life at the beginning of April last year. I was raised in a Christian home. My mom has been a really good example for me. I want to thank her for being there for me and staying strong through what ever life brings. I also want to thank my dad for also being there for me during some tough times. I pray for my parents that they can teach me what I need to know for battles that I will face during my life.
Before I committed my life to Jesus it was like the Bible says in John 3:20 “ for everyone who does evil hates the light, and does not come to the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed.” I now want to be able to be held accountable for my actions by my family and the church.
I now hold God in the center of my life. “But you, o Lord, are a shield about me, my glory, and the one who lifts my head.” Psalm 3:3. I am thankful that “blessed are those lawless deeds have been forgiven, and whose sins have been covered.” Romans 4:17. This is where I find my strength in the Lord, and wish to live my life in an everlasting relationship with the lord. I pray that this would be the will for all of Gods people, and that I can be a light and example to those around me.

No comments: