Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Abbie Holsinger Baptism


The following is Abbie's testimony, which was read at her baptism Sunday:
I was raised in a loving Christian home and was taught that Jesus paid for my sin by dying on the cross, but I've had a lot of doubt and never fully excepted it. After years of searching and trying to live for myself. Thanks to my friends and family through their love and prayer I have come to realize that without Jesus my life is nothing. That it is the least we can do to live our life for him. That by his Grace alone we are forgiven. And the only way to heaven is through Jesus Christ. So this spring I gave my life to Christ. And I am here today to be baptized because I have taken up my cross and I am following him. So that I may have eternal life with my savior Jesus Christ. Psalm 100:3-4: Know that the Lord himself is God; It is he who made us and not we ourselves; we are his people and the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise. Give thanks to him, bless his name.

No comments: