Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Sarah Royer Baptism


The following was Sarah Royer's testimony which she gave during her baptism:
I am so thankful to have this opportunity to stand before you today and confess my love for the Lord. My excitement for the Lord has been bubbling up inside and is now able to be exposed for all to see, and I am so thrilled to express that to all of my brothers and sisters in Christ.

The Lord patiently waited for me through many troubled and lost years, but experiencing those years has made me so grateful to be a witness to Gods grace. He forgave me long before I was able to forgive myself for not only the pain I must have caused him but for the pain I caused my family and myself. God sending Jesus here to die on the cross is truly the only way I am able to stand here today with forgiven sin.

Everyday I strive to be more like Christ, and although as long as I live on earth I, nor anyone else, could ever be as amazing as him, my heart has grown to love the Lord more every minute.
Paul writes in Philippians 3:12, I do not mean that I am already as God wants me to be. I have not yet reached that goal, but I continue trying to reach it and make it mine. Christ wants me to do that,which is the reason he made me his.

My walk has only begun and it is my prayer that all of you who know Christ will hold me accountable, will teach me all they know, and that we encourage one another in this amazing journey with our wonderful Savior.

Colossians 3 :2-3 reads, Think only about the things in Heaven, not the things on earth. Your old sinful self has died, and your new life is kept with Christ in God.

No comments: