Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Haitian Art


Art, Mindy and Ryan Pavelski attended Greenville Grace while Art was between pulpits. Today, he sent out the following email, asking for prayer:
Hello friends,

Some of you may not have heard from me for quite awhile. I would fill you in all the details of life since we last met, but that will have to wait. Let me answer a couple of questions that this email may spark. I am the Senior Pastor of the Evangelical Free Church of Vestal. I have been here for two years. It is a wonderful experience. Our church has a partnership, albeit a fairly new one, with a church in Berard, Haiti. It is one of three EFCA churches that have been planted by Henoc Lucian as a part of Vision of Hope Ministries.

I have a request for a prayer team for me next week. I write this to you because I covet your prayers.

As many of you may already know I am leaving after church this Sunday and going to the Newark airport to leave on a plane on Monday morning to Santiago, Dominican Republic to get a ride from there to Cap Haitian, Haiti. I will be with a team of teachers (Gene Wilson, a missionary with the EFCA, Henoc Lucian, Rollo Casiple Pastor of La ViƱa EFC in Miami, Florida and myself) to teach church leaders from the three churches planted by Henoc on teaching and preaching techniques. I praise God for the opportunity to do this. I would definitely like you to help me on this trip by joining a prayer team. I have attached a tentative teaching schedule so that you know what is going on. Here are some specific prayer requests:

--That I go well prepared (mentally, physically and spiritually)
--Safe travel (I will be crossing an international border between Dominican Republic and Haiti) there and back
--Safety while there for the teaching team
--That I am able to teach well
--That the students learn well what we are trying to teach
--Good communication between the teachers and the students (I think Gene, Rollo and I will have an interpreter, I also want to be available after class to answer questions and I’ll need an interpreter)
--Stamina for the week
--Good relationship between all the teachers (we are all strangers to each other at this moment, except for Henoc)

That’s a lot of stuff to begin with and I hope that God adds more to your mind and spirit if you wish to join the prayer team. All you need to join the team is to respond to this email and say, “Sure, Pastor Art, I’ll commit to pray for you next week.” If you would like to choose a specific day and tell me what day that will be I’d appreciate it, but it’s not necessary. Thank you in advance for being part of my prayer team! (And parents, let your kids know about this request, maybe one of your children would like to pray for me, thanks!)

In Him and for His glory,
Pastor Art Pavelski, Senior Pastor
Evangelical Free Church of Vestal
efcvestal.org
If you want Art to know you are praying for him, you can email him here.



.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i would add that we should pray he stays healthy during his outreach so that he can complete his work.