Sunday, April 20, 2008

Alysha Everman Testimony

Alysha shared the following at her baptism Sunday night:
I have been a Christian my whole life, but there has been a point in my life where I thought I couldn't take any more and that was just this past year or so. I got so down sometimes that I just didn't want to take the time to realize how much in my life I was missing out on and who I really needed to turn to. That all began to change when Pastor Dan came to visit at the hospital during chemo treatments with my little brother Dylan. We did a lot of talking and I realized that I needed to talk to the One who mattered most, Our Savior, Jesus Christ. I have fallen short of what He expected of me.

He has a plan for all of us and I ask the question all the time, "Why did it have to be my little brother instead of me?" But God is trying to teach me something. Through the good times and the bad I know that I can count on Jesus. I have grown close and gained more faith in Him through my little brother because he was a firm believer.

I am being baptized this evening to celebrate my dedication of my life and my walk of faith with Our Savior. God is our strength and our Light. God watched His one and only Son die on the cross for the payment of our sins. I want to live my life to give back to Him.

No comments: