Sunday, April 20, 2008

Heidi Dutter Testimony

Heidi shared the following at her baptism Sunday night:
I was born and raised in Georgia and through a rough childhood with an abusive dad and broken home, I came to the decision that God didnt care. I moved to Ohio a couple of years ago and through the help of some of the best friends ever and about a year and a half of searching, I realized God had never left me alone. He had always been there stretching his hands out just waiting for me to cry out to Him. Its hard to believe that Jesus would die on the cross for someone like me, but He did! And the least thing I can do is accept His forgiveness of my sins and live my life for Him. Through faith in my Savior, I hope and pray that I can live my life to show the world the love of Jesus and just how merciful and amazing He is. To show the hopeless there is a way and to show those that feel forsaken they never were and never will be alone.

2 comments:

Kati said...

Turns out our pastor was right. If you missed this service last evening, you totally missed out on a blessing! What a joy to be part of the Body of Christ!!

Anonymous said...

Amen to that Kati!! That was one of the most amazing baptizings i have ever been to. It was so awesome to be with the other churches that participated in it. God's children rejoicing as one. PRAISE THE LORD!!!!