Sunday, April 20, 2008

Laura Everman Testimony

Laura shared the following at her baptism Sunday night:
I am a believer that everything happens for a reason. God has the ultimate plan for each and every one of us. Sometimes we don't understand the plan and we question Him. My struggle started about a year and a half ago when our son was diagnosed with leukemia.

I have been a Christian most of my life and was baptized at a young age, but at this point in my life, I felt like He had let me down. I distanced myself from My Savior. A few of the last words that Dylan asked me were, "Momma, Jesus is Our Savior, right?" With that question he opened my eyes that God had never let go of my hand through all my struggles, but that I had fallen short in my faith in Him. Christ has called me closer to Him through Dylan. Without the strength and love that He has instilled in my heart I would have never made it through. I have been saved by His grace!

I am being re-baptized this evening to celebrate the rededication of my life to Jesus Christ.

God watched His only Son die on the cross for our sins. I can only live my life to try and give back to Him what He has given me! God is my strength!!

No comments: